AFHCO Bursary Opportunity Terms and Conditions
To qualify for the competition, entrants must enter by following the instructions applicable for each prize winnings below:
1.1 1st Prize: R50 000 Education Bursary
The course duration should be a minimum of 12 months and be aligned to SAQA (South African Qualification Authority) standards at an accredited tertiary institution. Prepare the following documentation.
1.1.1 Completed application form (click here to download)
1.1.2 RSA Identity Document.
1.1.3 Final Grade 11 transcripts (current Grade 12 only).
1.1.4 Most recent Grade 12 transcript.
1.1.5 National Senior Certificate and results statement.
1.1.6 Most recent academic results (tertiary students only)
1.1.7 Motivational letter on bursary need and how studies would be funded in the absence of a bursary.Please ensure to add how you heard of this competition.
1.1.8 Testimonial letter from teacher, lecturer, principal or dean
1.2 2nd Prize: A RENT-FREE year at Living @ Mpumelelo
This will be awarded to a student and the required documentation are:
1.2.1 Student card and ID card/book copy
1.2.2 Proof of registration for 2019 at the institution of your choice
1.2.3 Motivational letter on bursary need and how staying at our student accommodation will aid you in bettering your life. Please ensure to add how you heard of this competition.
1.3 3rd prizes: 5 school bursaries for City Kidz Pre and Primary School
This will be awarded to a learner and the required documentation are:
1.3.1 Proof of registration for City Kidz Pre and Primary School
1.3.2 Motivational letter on bursary need and how studies would be funded in the absence of a bursary.Please ensure to add how you heard of this competition.
The competition will be open for entries at 8:00 on 1 January 2019 and entries close at 17:00 on 10 February 2019. Entries received after the closing time will not be valid and will be excluded from the draw. Winners will be notified by means of a telephone call and email notification.
- There will be 7 prize winners.
- There will be no cash prizes. The R50 000 bursary will be paid directly to the institution, the school bursaries directly to City Kidz Pre and Primary School and the student accommodation will be reflected as paid on the statement received from AFHCO.
- The 7 prize winners will be drawn via a system generated random draw and will be conducted last week of February 2019.
- The 7 prize winners will be announced by no later than the last week of February 2019 by email.
- The winner must accept the prize within 14 days of receipt of the email notification failing which, the prize will be forfeited.
- The draw will be overseen and verified by AFHCO internal and external Auditors or internal or external Attorney.
- The winner must provide proof of identity in the form of either their valid ID book or valid passport, proof of residence, also in a form of an AFHCO statement.
- Prizes are not transferable and/or negotiable and cannot be exchanged for cash or otherwise.
- By entering this competition, the entrants confirm their consent to be bound by the terms and conditions contained herein.
- AFHCO’s decision regarding any issue with the competition will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- AFHCO reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time.
- By entering into this competition, the entrant gives AFHCO the authorisation to publish the winner’s name, surname, images, including photographs, in the media for promotional purposes without any liability to AFHCO.
- The Judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Promotion disclaimer: AFHCO, its associated companies, agents and contractors assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss, damage, death, personal injuries, defamation, invasion of privacy or claims based on publicity rights arising in connection with this promotion.
- Cancellation: AFHCO reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this competition. In such an event, where the initiative is cancelled or suspended, all Customers agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the initiative and acknowledge that they have no recourse against AFHCO, their employees, agents, partners, suppliers, sponsors or promoters.
- System Failure: No member of AFHCO is responsible for lost, delayed, misdirected, internet or computer malfunctions, errors in transmission or any condition beyond the control of AFHCO which may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
- Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above terms and conditions will result in immediate disqualification.
- Errors and Omissions accepted.
- Send application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 February 2019.